Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's MOANing?

MOAN stands for Moving Our Asses Now. It's basically a way for women to get motivated to just...move. We spend so much time taking care of everyone else that we forget to take time for ourselves. It's so easy to monitor our kids' (two and four legged variety) activity, our significant other's activity, our parents' activity, etc but when it comes to ourselves, we're very lax. There's always something else to do or, if you're like me, you lack the motivation to actually do it.

MOANing encourages me to get going because I don't want to let my fellow MOANers down for one, and two, it's a pretty cool way to measure the distance. 20 miles in a week means nothing but when you realize that's half the distance from Wilmington, DE to Philadelphia, PA, it actually puts 20 miles into perspective. We already know that women can do anything (well, almost anything...I'm not sure I want to be able to pee standing up). Why can't 20 of us walk across the country (I'm including Canada as part of the US for right now)? Plus, MOANing is really cheap and family friendly. You get to walk across the country, are home for dinner every night and still sleep in your own bed. Just a few more perks to MOANing. Now, if I could just get someone to cook that dinner every night...

No comments: